MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 26 of 52



Another great meme brought to us by Carin at Forever In
Blue Jeans. Every Thursday post of picture of you with
a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself.



When typing the title I thought "Wow, I'm at the halfway point!" Then I remembered thinking and perhaps saying the same thing a few weeks back. I checked up on myself and yep, I'd said it. I don't think 22 is half of 52...sometime I scare myself!
A story to go with this picture. Hmmm. Well, back in the day it was stylish to be short and pixie. I was average height and not pixie. Peggy was tall. As in real tall. Today tall is in. I missed out all together! Back in the day we wanted straight poofy hair. Think Priscilla Presley. Peggy had curly hair. Now she just shampoos and after an air dry she's good to go. No volume booster, curling iron, backcomb, fussing... She's a dear lady that I see every Sunday. She comes from that huge N.C. Woods family. You know one of them surely: Fred, Charlie, Louise, Ada. I think there was a dozen or so of her mother Nancy's siblings. Peggy has strong muscles in her hands because she makes a living giving massages. Isn't that a wonderful kind of person to know!! Peggy used to go by the name Davis but traded that name in when she married Eric.


Ms Winney with me

5 comments:

All American Family said...

I don't recognize Peggy, but I sure do recognize the house! ;) Nice picture. (And for what it's worth - you scare me sometimes too!) hahahah

Mimi/Susan said...

Ok, so you're scareing me. Where were you all of those Sunday when Peggy was came to church? Cause she was there. Back at ya!

PS: but keep a close eye on me, and gently hint that I might be CONFUSED on occasion!

Neisha said...

nice :)

gkey said...

dear Rich in friendship,
Wonderful to be surrounded by such special people.
We have lived in 4 states, and it is the same everywhere.
love,
back home again 16 years and counting
in
NE

Anita said...

I know some of them but not this particular one!