MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentines Week-End

The respiratory crud is making its rounds in a major way here in metro Atlanta, but it was unable to stop 5 couples from having a dinner party on Fri. night at the home of Becky and Tony(my sister, married to my hubby's brother). These two afore mentioned couples are Southern American, but we also had a Swedish couple who have been here 27 years, a Canadian couple who has been in the states(Fl.,N.H.,Ga) about 30 years, and one couple who came here 10 years ago(they're from In./ND). Each couple was assigned a course and my course was salad. I fixed a salad that my niece recommended, but she didn't tell me to leave the candied almonds sitting in the bag instead of actually putting them ON the salad. I found them as we were gathering our belongings to leave. I look at the picture I made of the salad and it SCREAMS for crunch, but I didn't notice, or remember the time I put into cooking them. My poor husband and children may be looking for an assisted living facility for me before I turn 60! Regardless, we had a great meal and fellowship. Jean made one-of-a-kind placecard for every person, with unique saying inside each one...Ken's said "you rock my boat" and mine said "let's rock and roll!". I did the flowers and made small arrangements for each placesetting. I used small juice glasses that my father confenscated during WW11. They are hand-blown glasses and came from a factory that was in or near Frankenthal, Germany. Becky had the house very festive with candles and mood music. I'm sure she'll post pictures on her blog. In the meantime I'm trying to hurry up and eat the candy Ken brought me so that it is not around next week..do the calories count as much if you eat it quickly?:-). A side note to Rhonda T. B.: thanks for your comment. I hit private instead of publish and couldn't change it. I didn't know you lived in Greenville, but Tamara said she knew. You'd think we'd run into each other some where! My email add. is my first name, initial of maiden name, last name @ yahoo..if you want to get in touch. I think you remember all the info I gave above.

1 comment:

All American Family said...

Looks like a wonderful evening. Everything looks beautiful.