I'm late putting up pictures of our Thanksgiving and the reason is...I'm too lazy to do the little bit of photoshopping that I know how to do(sharpen and lighten/brighten: all auto of course). We really had a "lovely" day, as they say in Australia. Every other year we have a smaller group and this was our small group-19 people. The scheduled afternoon tag football game in the neighborhood park is perfect for the kids and adults. At dusk we always go to the Chateau for the lighting and the fireworks. I brined the turkey (PW way) this year and I can't say that it was worth the effort. I might try again on a smaller bird during the year and see if it goes better. Lifting a 20 lb. turkey and turning it over in 5 gal. of bagged water(not to mention always sloshing water out) is hard on the back. Falling in the doorway while taking trash out is hard on the arm, as I'll show below. We ended the day with a sing-a-long and the littlest ones still love Jingle Bells(of course). I'll post a few pictures of general interest and then put up a video for the family members that weren't able to make it this year.
Our g'son's request for the menu. Can you read this?

The turkey being brined

The roasted bird

Our family

Day 4 of my bruised arm



14 comments:
Looks like you all had a wonderful time! And it looks like those sisters of yours were sleepin' on the job-ha!:)
yowsers it looks like your arm hurts! have you ever tried using arnica? whenever the kids get bumped i put it on right away. it takes away the pain & greatly diminishes the bruising.
we missed being their. Look forward to christmas.
Ouch on the arm! The rest does look lovely. I hope your grandson got his requested "bendy stwal". There's nothing like a "bendy stwal" to make "lemenade" special. :)
It's never safe to sleep or not be on your guard around you! Next time I'm going to hide your cameras. Thanks for everything. I did have a good time.
sniff sniff...we had a great time where we were...but I sure did miss being there too...to bad we can't clone ourselves and be in 2 places at once!
Great pictures! Looks like a very lovely day. You have a lovely home!
Sorry about the arm,that looks like a sore one!!
Joseph's menu is adorable. :) Love the pics...except I think it's about time Ken takes out the trash (haha)! ouch!! That looks painful! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving though!
Turkey looks great. Arm doesn't... yikes. The Europeans are big on Arnica, too; I've never used it because I don't bruise (usually)- just interesting to see it mentioned.
Obviously, you had a very, very nice Thanksgiving. Minus the bruised arm. What everyone else said. Ouch. Love the menu, but don't think I'd be requesting lemonade. Ha.
Ouch! that looks like it hurts. The football looks like fun.... so does the napping =)
Looks like a "lovely" day to me, too! A lot of work went into that meal...not to mention the decorating. I think I counted 3 tables! Hope your arm is better now. I brined our turkey last year using a turkey brine mix from Williams-Sonoma. It was very good except I used too much brine for my size turkey. It is a lot of work, though.
Now you can relax for a while.
i like the turkey plates for the kids..very cute. nice pictures. remind me not to fall asleep 'round you , though!
Looks like you had a lovely time together with family. That is quite a bruise you got. My daughter tried doing a brined turkey a few years ago and we all weren't that impressed either...for all the work that went into doing it. Since then we've gone back to the old fashioned way.
Post a Comment