MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Two week update on the Bradford Pear Trees



Two weeks ago I took the picture above and told you I'd show what these looked like in two weeks when they were in their prime. The pictures below were made last Sat., 2 wks. after the pix above, but it had rained for 3 days and the blooms were heavy with moisture and don't look as full as they do when dry. However they are such a glorious sign of spring! I just turned my camera in different angles to capture the scene all around me.








Today when I was checking on the blog updates of the various blogs I follow I saw a picture of John and Esther. Now they know who they are. Esther even left a note on my guestbook last yr. However, she didn't leave me any way to contact her since her blog is closed! Back during the Stone Age I dated a guy from Indiana and he was friends with this couple. I was so young and immature that I thought they were pretty old and really only got superficially acquainted with them. Plus my heart was occupied with another someone at that time. :) Perhaps Ester will leave me a private note on my guestbook and allow me to see HER blog. Oh and she isn't as old as she used to be!! I wonder what happened?

5 comments:

cheyest said...

Beautiful! I'll leave you a note on your guest book.

bradshelley said...

OH! I miss this time of year in GA. We get to look at muddy ground. Thanks for the pictures.

The J's said...

How beautiful!!

Darcie said...

Your pictures look lovely!! We are looking at snow around here...again!

Ethel said...

just checking in! some neat pictures..the mexican meal down there looked fab!