On Saturday my sister with her granddaughter Elizabeth, and me with my granddaughter Isabelle went downtown (we're talking about the BIG ATL) to see the musical Little House on The Prairie. Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura on the original TV series, played Ma! This musical was held at The Fox Theater, one of the premier old theaters in the U.S. This place is sooooo fabulous, but pictures aren't allowed in the theater part of the theater (does that make sense?). You can take pictures in other parts of the building. I've downloaded one picture made inside of the theater itself. The bathrooms...totally magnificent!!
Elizabeth and Isabelle heading to the car. They were both so excited. Isabelle said "I'm nervous because I'm so excited!"

Street level

I downloaded this from webshots. This place feels so outdoorsy that the air conditioning makes you think a breeze is blowing. The stars twinkle overhead. The design is described here: "It is a beautifully outlandish, opulent, grandiose monument to the heady excesses of the pre-crash 1920's, a mosque-like structure complete with minarets, onion domes, and an interior decor which was even more lavish than its facade."

The following pictures were made in the ladies "lounge", otherwise know as bathroom.
This is the entry sitting area of lounge. By the way, there is only 15 months difference in Isabelle and Elizabeth, so they pretty much enjoy the same things. Isabelle is a little tall for her age and Elizabeth is a little short for her's, so it might appear that there is a large age gap.

This is the exit sitting area of lounge. I wish I had a better picture of Elizabeth, but someone was kind enough to take 2 pictures for us and this is the best of the 2.

Isabelle just before she headed up the stairs to theater level. The ladies lounge is large enough to allow a man to assist with the stairway!

On Sunday we had Father's Day lunch at Tony and Becky's. All the local kids and grandkids were there with the exception of Tim and Sarah. Those 2 poor souls had left for Martha's Vineyard to spend 2 weeks sailing with her parents.
My babydaddy Ken with my babies, Tamara and Kelley.
Today is Kelley's birthday, so on Sunday we had birthday cake for him. I told my sister, Becky, that I was bringing candles for the cake. When I pulled them out I told her I'd gotten what I could find. She commented "you really were scraping the bottom of the barrel". I couldn't believe that she didn't catch on! Do you?
The picture shows Kelley and Lora as he announced that they were expecting their first baby! So now you know the BIGGEST news of the week-end! Next Feb. we'll be enjoying a tiny soft neck that smells like magic, with little dangling legs that spill over the edge of your arm when you cuddle them! Can't you just feel it!
6 comments:
Looks like y'all had a great weekend! And congrats to Kelly and Lora! (Can't belive Aunt Becky didn't get it when you brought out one pink and one blue candle!!) ;)
Dear Mimi,
Whoo-hoo!!!
Love,
Love Baby Snuggles in NE
how exciting on the coming baby!
dear Bearer of the Best News,
Ahhhhh a new baby to look forward to. I know you already love it. Congratulations and wishing the best to all of you.
love,
Feelin' it
in
NE
dear Girls night out,
Oops! I did not mean to not comment on the musical event. How exciting that must have been. You did great in re~cap. The photos of you girls are sweet and i love the description of the place... "opulent, grandiose..."
love,
Culture. Music. Drama. (oh, and descriptive words)
in
NE
Yay!! Enjoy the baby! Love the neck and dangling legs description! :)
Post a Comment