So far this year, 100% of the time, I have daily accomplished the following:
1: made my bed
2: kept the laundry caught up (ironing doesn't fall into this category)
3: cleaned our master bath
4: kept the kitchen tidy
5: cooked dinner
6: called my Mom on the phone
7: comforted the grieved
8: stocked the frig and pantry
9: had my devotion time
10: visited with my kids and grand kids
11: took lunch to my husband
12: inquired on the status of various and sundry friends
13: posted on my blog
14: played the piano
15: told someone I loved them
16: dusted furniture
17: decluttered
18: played
19: inwardly smiled about a secret
20: thought anew about how hard it is to keep a big secret
I wonder how quickly my percentage will plummet? Will I fall like the past years' stock market did ? Most likely! Tomorrow some of those percentages will drop by 50%, I'm SURE!!!
This was the first New Year's Eve that I ever remember spending alone with Ken since we have been married. And it was just the way we wanted to spend it! We had dinner at a restaurant, named El Torero, that opened 25 years ago. Most likely we've eaten there once a week 75% of those years. That would make 925 times! For the last 11 years we have been driving about 20 miles each way to get there, but we can't find a Mexican place that we like as well. While I'm on this numbers kick I might as well figure up the mileage...that would be...16,280?? Let me recheck that...40 miles X 37 visits per year X 11 years...oh dear, wait til I tell this to Ken! I'm not going to even try to estimate the price of gas over this time. Maybe I should just hire a good Mexican cook to come to my house every Friday night!
This is "our" restaurant, in a 25 year old strip mall.
This is the jalapeno cheese dip that is soooo good, along with their fresh chips! And then a single special B for me. This may sound crazy to people that aren't Coke snobs, but Ken and I both think that their Coke is superb! They have just the right mix in their machine..not too fizzy or flat or sweet.
8 comments:
so...who is pregnant? I KNOW you're fishing to see who the fist person to ask will be. And you SHOULD know it would probably be me. ;)
About the other stuff you posted...yadda, yadda, yadda.
Proud proud.
muah!
Pregnant? Why Lora! But you knew that!!
You are really on a roll there!!! Don't pull a muscle or something! ;)
Yeah- I was wondering what the big secret is, too... but then, not too likely to be anything to do with me. But you know, a secret's always interesting!
Yes, and you're always giving those big hints to keep us hanging!!
Happy New Year Southern friend...
and I love cheese dip too!!!
i like the sound of hiring a chef..if you keep crunching those numbers i bet you could convince Ken! Thanks again, for lunch , by the way..you didn't list "generous to friends " on your daily list, but, you should add it!!
What is the BIG secret...not that I want to take away your smile or anything!
Very few places give us the luxury of being "Coke snobs"... glad you found one! Happy New Year! You had me impressed with your list. Someone called them "good intentions", instead of resolutions.
dear New Years on a Roll,
Sounds like so far you are off and running. At least it is good to have a list to go back to. The accountablity thing and all.
Love,
Lists AND Mexican food, (AND secrets)
in
NE
look at all the snow....( on your background)!
Post a Comment