MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Let's get this Christmas post up before the New Year rolls around! I'm not going to include the 12 days of Christmas, but I think that this covers 10 days!

Day 1: We went to a concert, and who should be there but Elvis himself! This concert has become an annual event, with the Thains being the "main feature", as they say in the entertainment world. David T was the surprise act (as Elvis).

Elvis and guests.



Elvis and his "bodyguards."


I think that this will link you to Elvis singing "The Wonder of Love."

http://www.youtube.com/user/drbenslay#p/u/31/NgUVJaO50go


Day 9:
Aren't you glad that I skipped 8 days?!!

Ken and me on Christmas morning.



Ken with Isabelle and Joseph.



Joseph with stocking.



Isabelle opening her gift.



The dinner table set up. This just may  be the last time I use this holiday tablecloth. It's too "fussy" for my taste...I think that it distracts from the setting.



Spinach salad, roasted veggies and buttermilk biscuits.



Beef tenderloin surrounded by Yorkshire pudding (the Aussie influence; I've not acquired the taste!!) and creamed spinach.



Scalloped potatoes.



Joseph, Tamara, Lora, Kelley (didn't his Momma teach him not to wear a hat at the table??? Actually, Momma didn't even notice until she uploaded this picture!)



Sven, Brendon, Isabelle, Majken.



Tamara made this beautiful Yule Log.



Brendon made the cheesecake and I made the pecan pie (not as good as the one that Lora made at T'giving)



Isabelle and Joseph made the Buckeyes (with a little assistance)




The close of a wonderful day with family and good friends.





Even the Christmas teddy and elf were chillin' !


Day 10: It started snowing on Sat. day 9, but this pix was taken on Sunday morning. Beautiful snow, but a layer of ice underneath, so not a creature was stirring just yet.



Ken, Isabelle and Joseph headed outdoors before lunch. There might have been a snowball or two thrown!


Sunday night a large crowd of family and friends that lived nearby gathered to play a little round ball. Here you see Kaylene P, Joseph, Satchel T, Fred T, and Levi C.


Then a little nourishment, of course.


A few of the kids in the garage at Becky's.





A really cute sign posted with "the rules" (by some "older" kid. Pretty good guidelines!)



4 comments:

gkey said...

dear Delightful Days,

Enjoying the season it looks like. We are too!

love,
especially the slower pace
in
NE

Darcie said...

Looked just delightful Susan!

Anita said...

Looks like you had some fine times! I love the 'smile' at the bottom of that sign!
And the food- looked fantastic! ;)

Ethel said...

as usual...mouthwatering display..looks like everyone had fun..again, as usual!