Thirteen weeks ago I started taking pictures of the vineyard. Last year the drought really hurt the harvest and this yr. the vines look much worse, so I have to assume the harvest will be poor. There is an area in front of the Chateau that has gray water irrigation and the vines in that part are faring better than other places. I will post pictures from week 1 and 13 of the 3 vines I chose to follow the progress of. I also will show you how poorly the vineyard looks. The last pix shows the netting they have started putting over the vines to keep the birds from enjoying the grapes.
Oh yes, I did this before taking pictures

Week 13

Week 1

Week 13

Week 1

Week 13

Week 1

Merlot in the future?

Irrigated vineyard

Non-irrigated vineyard

Bye,bye birdie
3 comments:
I've been wondering when the next vineyard update would be coming. ;)
Have you ever tasted any of those grapes?
Yes I have. I felt like a thief when I pulled one off of the vine! It tasted great.
Post a Comment