We spent a couple of days at the lake last week-end celebrating Tamara's birthday. Oh man, is the water ever low! I want to post some pictures of the kids..imagine that! :) Isabelle decided to try skiing and was really quite calm about it. She got up on the first try.. got up meaning out of the water and up to a kneeling position. She didn't know she needed to lean back in order to stand all of the way up, and the screaming that was coming out of her mouth was louder than the boat motor. Even her Mommy, who is, shall we say "very protective", was laughing at the screaming. I on the other hand made Ken stop because of the look of desperation on her little face. She knew she didn't want to be in the water all by herself, but she didn't want to keep going out further either. I wish I had a mouth wide open screaming picture, but I really was turning around a lot telling Ken to stop. The pictures make it look as if we were right on the water's edge, but we were really quite far out. That's what a telescopic lens and a low lake will do to depth perception I guess. Joseph gave it a try too, and wasn't nervous at all, but didn't get started straight either try. We just needed another day to have a redo on skiing.
The after dark "expedition"

Isabelle getting ready to ski

Isabelle-happy. Mom-anxious for her baby

Screaming bloody murder! Do I drop in the water or ride on my butt?

Don't leave me out here!

Joseph skiing. When you start like this..

you end like this!

Now this was fun!
2 comments:
I'd be the one screaming with my mouth wide open!! Too bad I never had the opportunity to learn when I was young, Everything's easier to learn then!
I had to smile reading your post and looking at the pictures. I still remember my first (and only) attempt at skiing like it was yesterday. I never made it much past Isabelle's accomplishment, but I must say I would like to give it another try someday and see what happens.
Post a Comment