MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Computer Deprivation

Six days(LONG days) ago my laptop went out and the next morning, my until then under appreciated, as in hadn't been used in 6 months, desktop went out. Two days later the now appreciated desktop let me get on the internet, but the address window filled with plus signs so I really had very little "move ability". Is that a word? It is now. Monday a SOS went out to my geeky secret agent, but of course I had to wait one more day for him to knock on my door. I am now diagnosed. The wireless button had been turned off by SOMEONE!!! Surely not me. Also a storm had knocked out the internet service for 2 days thus confusing my old desktop. It's even rough on computers to get old! ANYWAY--I will share the happenings of the last week or so. Had the kids over for a sleepover..one picture from that, you know. Also took some pictures of the vineyard. I had been waiting to do the final harvest post, but the grapes were never harvested. My picture will show what a severe drought does to the harvest. On a happy note, I attended the wedding reception(wedding was for close family only, held 2 hrs. prior to recp.) of Jorge and Debbie's daughter. I told you a few weeks ago about Jorge's blog. I will post several pictures from the wedding. The location was just beautiful. It was formerly the "farm" of K Rogers(You Picked a Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille..let that tune run around in your head for a bit now) and at one time had been part of a plantation. The barns are stunning, as are the corrals,etc. Before this bride was born I played tennis with her Mommy, and hubby played with her Daddy. How time flies!

Ready for scoccer on Sat. AM

The grapes

Zach and Lydia. This is inside of the barn

Bride and Groom

Lydia

Wedding cake on a log


Bride's cousin, a bridesmaid. I showed you her wedding in June


Jorge and Papa'


Paternal abuela

The old tennis partners! Old, as in former!

Cuties getting a feel for wedding festivities

Two of the barns, with recp. in the one on the left

Ceiling of the barn-prettier than my house

Basement of barn-bride/b'maids spent the night there before the wedding

Exercise area in basement-how neat!

Just outside barn entrance

So pretty

Don and Chattie M. I meet at their house

Wedding flowers

A macro shot of the flower

Old plantation house being restored

4 comments:

All American Family said...

...with four hungry kids and a crop in the field...

I'd like to thank you Aunt Susan for getting that tune stuck in my head!!

Thanks for sharing a few pictures, it looks like it was beautiful. I hate we had to miss it!

The J's said...

The pictures are beautiful! The barn is stunning.
Too bad about the grapes! We've had above average rainfall this year & more these last two weeks.
Sympathy pangs on the computer issue, as you remember I was out over 3 days. UGG!

Drew's News said...

I was wondering when you would post pics from the wedding! ;) It was so good to see you there. We miss you! Thanks for posting your pictures! :)

Jorge and Debbie said...

You took some nice pictures. Maybe we can get some on a disk. I really enjoyed the one with my dad. Thanks!