I carry my camera just about everywhere. As we were leaving for the funeral on Wed. A.M. I took it out of my car thinking "who needs a camera at a funeral?". I should have thought "oh well, you never know when you might want the camera". Thank goodness my sister had hers tucked in her purse(one of the bonuses of a small camera!). There were several people from Indiana who made the trip down for Peggy's funeral and among them was Susie, who I mentioned in a post last week as being part of the group that met up on week-ends when we were teenagers. I hadn't seen her in 10 yrs. or so. I wish we had a better backdrop for the pictures, but this was the funeral home parking lot. My group was heading south on our 2 1/2 hr. trip home and the In. folks were heading North and were fortunate that the burial site was 1 hr. north and they could attend the grave side service. A solemn occasion and we feel for Peggy's family.
George & Susie M,Terry & Wanda B, Billie Jo & Charlotte D, Sammy & Mary M. Susan(me), Kathryn H(mother), Becky(sister)

Susan, Susie, Becky
4 comments:
The camera...never leave home without it! I'm guilty of the same thing tho, very much because of the size. It's opportunities like this that you can really feel bad at not having it, a chance lost. Glad your sis had hers!
Seeing the group pic made me smile. Those are some good people! Nice they could go for the fun'l.
Sorry the reunion was on such a sad occasion, but so glad you all got to see each other.
Nice picture........ they all look like folks from home, including the GA ladies.
Post a Comment