MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Cactus

A few months ago I posted a picture of the Thanksgiving cactus that I inherited from my grandmother way back in 1981. It must be around 40 yrs. old now. I couldn't find the post where I showed a picture of it. I am posting pictures made this month as it blooms for the T'giving holiday. I really get tired of caring for this plant during the winter months but so far I've been too sentimental to give it to someone else. I even have new cuttings rooting..they go to my daughter.

The plant I got in 1981

Grew from a cutting I potted about 4 yrs. ago

A real beauty

5 comments:

The J's said...

I remember seeing your earlier post. It is beautiful!!

Anita said...

We had one of those (Mom still has it, actually) but we called it Christmas cactus. They're gorgeous! Glad you've kept it alive :)

All American Family said...

Yours looks a LOT better than mine!! I need to start clipping mine - it's getting rather "lanky". I've got all of 2 tiny blooms on it right now. :(

Karen said...

My grandmother has one of these and hers is beautiful also. I really love these plants and I have a perfect spot to put one...I think you've inspired me.

Mommabelle said...

Thanks for the clipping!