MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Aussies are here

Our son-in-law, Brendon, has his parents here for 3 weeks and tonight we had dinner out with the family. They are still a little jet-lagged..don't understand why as it took them only 28 hrs. or so to get here and there is only a 16 hr. time difference! Some people are wimps. I'd be dead! Seriously!

An Aussie can eat Mexican food!


Brendon and Tamara with his parents


Brendon and Tamara with her parents



I shared the following story on a private blog but considering the video I posted a few months ago I think I'd better share this here also.

You know the saying "what goes around comes around". It came around yesterday! I have been trying for one month to buy some new summer shoes...shouldn't be a hard thing for a female to do. However my "delicate" foot(surgically altered) gives me a challenge therefore I'm still looking. You know how it goes, you want a feminine pretty shoe but what feels good is more Birkenstockish. Anyway to get on with the story I went to DSW thinking that in a big box store like that I could find at least 1 pair. I'd already done the Bloomingdale, Nordstrom, Macy's,etc. route without luck. So here I am at the back of the store as that's were the clearance rack is and I haven't found anything on the aisles. I see a pair that has a more elevated sole, maybe 1 1/2 inch in front and then slightly more in the back. They feel good and are very pretty. As I'm standing there with these shoes on, my purse over my shoulder and the shoe box in my hands the phone rings. Gotta answer, right? It's my daughter and I start to tell her what I'm doing and I see a floor length mirror to my right. I turn to admire the shoes but my right foot slips off of the shoe and I take a gigantic fall! There was no time to catch myself and I didn't have any free hands anyway! I screamed, my hair fell down from the force, my cell phone went flying and my skirt flew up, and I could hear my daug. saying "Mom, Mom, what happened?". I was soooo embarrassed and hurt immediately. And can you believe not a soul saw me! When I left the store a sales person said "did you find anything" and I replied "yes, I found the floor". That, of course, took a little explaining. I went to the chiro today and it helped my neck but the hip and wrist are really sore. I'd think I fx. one of the metacarpals in my hand if I had a bruise on it, but no bruise so assume it is a sprain. I certainly didn't laugh when it happened and had I been standing next to a person that fell like that I wouldn't have laughed because I'd have worried about them being hurt. But if I'd been far enough away from them that it wouldn't have been me responding to their fall I'd have laughed my head off. And I have laughed at home thinking how stupid it looked to see a woman fall off of her shoes and do it so royally!

1 comment:

Ethel said...

yeh..you might want to take some "break dancing" lessons...you might find the floor a less scary place..hee hee!