MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Socializing

We've done lots of socialing this past week. Visited with the Aussie's some and then spent a good deal of time getting ready for a dinner/sing-along on Sat. evening. How long has it been since you've sung things like Mockingbird Hill or Tom Dooley? Had a violin and guitar too. And the digital piano with the rhythms. Of course the good old regular piano..can't get any better than that to me. The Aussies, Ken and Lyn, as well as Phebe and Curtis spent the night with us and on Sun. evening we got all decked out for a family member's 8 y.o. birthday party with a Hawaii theme. Lots of pictures here but I remind you again, that's the priviledge of the blog's CEO!

Of course the ladies in the kitchen





Chattie on the digital


Kevin and Andrew


Ken and Monica


Lyn, Tony and Becky. Is she asleep or praying for the singers?


Dale W


Phebe and Ken





Jorge T


Ready for a luau.
*Note: can you see that I've joined the 4 eyed club? I feel like my own g'mother!
**Uh oh. Someone asked which ear you wear the flower behind if you're available and I just checked. It looks as if two of us wore it on the wrong side! Didn't do any harm at an 8 y.o.'s party.


Ken and Tamara, father/daug.





Ken with Isabelle and the b'day girl, Elizabeth


G'mother, Kathryn with g'daug. Tamara


Spidergirl Isabelle


If you need techical assistance just ask a kid!







The Crepe Myrtles dressed up for the party!


Curtis and Phebe



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times! I love a good sing. And your crepe myrtles are beautiful. We don't see those here, much, or not that I've been aware of.

Ethel said...

social flutterbug you are! wow! good times abounding 'round there!!