I remember having a wonderful time at Thanksgiving when I was a child but now I realize the work behind that wonderful memory! We had a wonderful time being with family this week, especially watching the kids enjoying themselves, but lawsy mercy, I don't think I could survive it lasting a day longer!! And we didn't even eat at my house, but down the street at my sister's house. We trade off every year, so I've got 1 year to get ready. We're waiting for the next generation to step up to the plate, but I think they've figured it out! I believe there were 35 adults and 13 kids for T'giving dinner. In the afternoon several families came over for a game of tag football in the neighborhood ball field. Of course more eating at supper. Our preachers spent the day with us and I think both got roughed up during football, so no mercy shown. On Fri. the youngest set got to play together and in the afternoon went to the arts and crafts section of the annual Holiday celebration at the Chateau located here on the development. After a Mexican feast, a large group piled into the truck and truck bed and rode back to the Chateau to watch the lighting of the Chateau and the fireworks that followed. After I spent 3 hrs. Sat. morning in the ER with my brother, who had fallen getting out of the truck bed the previous night,(diagnosis sprained ligament until radiologist does official CT reading on Mon.) the clan gathered here at our house to cheer on their team of choice, Georgia or Ga Tech, and eat supper. Should I mention that Georgia won? No, that wouldn't be nice, so you'll have to look in the news to find the 31-17 score. Snicker! Tx. kin left today and NH kin leave tomorrow. Whew! Can't wait til next Thanksgiving! Next week I hope to get a wedding album up.


No comments:
Post a Comment