MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

This is a GOOD infection

I don't know where this bug came from, but I sure hope it hangs around for awhile. Today I suddenly felt the overwhelming need to clean and de-clutter my kitchen. While shopping and drooling at William-Sonoma in Dec., I wondered if I had some of the very items I was looking at and had put them in the recesses of a cabinet or drawer. Today the need to simplify my kitchen seemed to build up and when I drove to the grocery shortly after lunch the feeling was so powerful that I never got out of the car, but just turned around and came home and started in on this place. My trash can is half full and Goodwill has some things that I hope someone needs. It feels SO good to get rid of STUFF. I had one drawer that wasn't my official junk drawer,never the less I'm posting a picture of some of the things that were in it( tips for pressure washer that has been gone for about 5 years, crayon box, old name badge, shower curtain rings, pamphlet on huon pine from Tasmania, candle wicks we bought on our HONEYMOON, etc., etc.). I threw it ALL away except the p. washer tips that Ken wants to put in the tool box--for WHAT? I had a hard time with the wicks, but was strong. See why I'm FEELING GOOD!!! Another item that I decided not to keep (and will post pic) is up for grab to our family. This relish/condiment dish is very 1970ish and I brought it home when Mother left her house in Ky. If any of Mother's grandchildren want this please let me know soon, as I'm not going to keep it around too long. Now lets see if my closet can put a spell on me!

7 comments:

Mommabelle said...

Please come over and spread your germs!

All American Family said...

Wow...I need some of that "bug". Acutally, I have been doing some purging of stuff. I does feel so good when you do!

Part of me thinks "oh...I would like to have that condiment dish", but the other part of me says "no, that's just more stuff to add to your already to big collection". I'm trying to REALLY learn that things don't equal memories. A different Grandkid can enjoy it.

Life in Midlothian said...

I would love to have that dish. I need to get the same virus. ALison

Anonymous said...

How contagious is that virus? Send it on down here.

andy and michelle said...

I followed your link from a comment on my blog, and here I am, smiling at your infection. Sounds like a doozy - enjoy. :)

Anonymous said...

How DARE you throw out the Tasmanian Huon Pine pamphlet!! You never know when it might come in handy!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to shift like we did recently, then you get rid of all the stuff you dont need any more!!!
Hope the This Year is a beauty, we will come have a coffee in Sep most likely!!