MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Here's hoping everyone had a healthy, happy New Year,and it seems from your blog updates that the holidays have been full with family,friends and travel. We left last Wed. morning for Panama City Beach and stayed there for a few days with our kids and their family. Most days were hazy with a temp of 73-83. Of course the Gulf was too cold to swim in(even though some thick-blood people were doing just that),but it was great for beach playing or walking. The indoor heated pool was a welcome swim hole. We left with a temp. of 83* at 10AM and the closer we got to Atl. the colder and rainier it became. We're sooo glad for the rain. Lake Lanier rose 3". I'm including a pic I make this morning at our dock on Lake Hartwell--the water level rose 6" from the rain, but it was up to the wooden steps last summer and you can see that we've rolled the ramp out trying to stay in the water. I think I need to look for my favorite sunglasses that fell off one day while we were covering the boat--if they didn't float away I should be able to walk right down to them instead of diving 13 ft.! Yes, it was 13 ft. deep at the back side of the dock and now it's dry beyond the dock! On N.Y. Eve we attended a party that was held in a barn-like bldg in Lula. Friends from all around were invited and the Thains were the featured entertainers. All Thains seem to be born with music in their DNA and they are a joy to listen to. My pictures from the evening aren't very good due to the many lights plus me not knowing my new camera well yet. We left at 11PM and spent the night at our place on the lake since it was close by and we were tired from travelling so much in the previous 24 hrs. We took pictures showing our extravagant midnight celebration--call us party animals! We're back home now and my sinuses are unhappy about all this weather change, so while everyone is cheering Ga. on during the Sugar Bowl I'll be hugging the Kleenex box.

2 comments:

Mommabelle said...

Great pictures!

All American Family said...

Happy New Year!
Thanks for sharing the FL pics...looks like it was fun! Can we join you next year? ;)