MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a difference a few hours can make!

Last night was a short one sleep wise, as nights seem to be when the mind is fretting. I got up at 4AM and was sitting in "my" chair reading(have you discovered biblegateway.com..it's great to have a split screen with King James and NIV) when I noticed my camera beside the computer and took a "before" picture of the old foot that was getting ready to be sliced and diced(3 procedures). Ken took one of me while I was sleeping so gracefully a few hours later! Now I'm all propped up ordering hubby and Mother around and the pain meds are my favorite food group for the moment. One month of the lovely new shoe they "gave" me and then back to cooking and housekeeping...not really, that will happen much sooner, like next week maybe. Perhaps I should do on-line shopping in order to feel like I'm in the real world. Do any of you remember when your Mother called the grocery to order her food and it was either delivered or you picked it up later? Sounds like a winner!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think meds are low in calories too. You can't go wrong there. I think that you ought to keep Mother and Ken hopping waiting on you just for the principle of it! Hope that you are recovering well. Jan

Anonymous said...

Looks like your having fun laying back being waited on!!! Poor Ken, I guess it will be Krispy kreems & Ice cream for a while!!
yes I can remember when the baker used to put our bread in the cupboard & the grocer rang for the order & delivered it to the kitchen bench the next day, in Lyns house they used to even get a free chocolate when they payed the bill!!!

Karen said...

Whatever caused you to need your foot "sliced and diced"? Doesn't sound like fun. Hope you're feeling better soon. About the grocery delivery...if you know anyone who would start that business up here I will be the first customer to sign up!