I've been reading the "laundry list" on other blogs and will air mine. This actually took me an hour to do..wasn't quite as easy as I thought. I wonder how many others will follow suit-like those quizzes that we did a few months back.
1.MAYBE I SHOULD...just accept that I'll never be a size 6 again.
2. I LOVE...being a grandmother even if I don't understand how I can be old enough to be one!
3. PEOPLE WOULD SAY THAT I'M...I don't need to know everything they say, but they surely say that I'm inquisitive.
4. I DON'T UNDERSTAND...why people have to be so extreme and hateful about politics. Neither party is all bad nor all good. And what happened to the politicians that are REALLY interested in our country and not just in politics? OK, I'll step off the soapbox now.
5. WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING...I like to stretch and then lounge in the bed for 15 more minutes.
6. I LOST...my father and in that experience I lost my impression that when your parents live a long, full life you will be ready to let them go.
7. LIFE IS FULL OF...change.
8. MY PAST IS... filled with some experiences that I enjoyed and some that I can't bear to think about.
9. I GET ANNOYED WHEN...drivers tailgate.
10. PARTIES ARE...fun. Especially when someone else hosts them and all you have to do is show up.
11. I WISH...that I could play New Orleans jazz and black gospel on the piano.
12. DOGS...belong outside.
13. CATS...belong with other people.
14. TOMORROW...I'm going to my grandson's first baseball game(5 yr. old). Should be hilarious.
15. I HAVE A LOW TOLERANCE FOR...people who live "trashy" lives.
16. I'M TOTALLY TERRIFIED...of speed and height. I'll never voluntarily jump out of an airplane.
17. I WONDER...if when I'm really elderly I'll remember to not do the things that I say right now I'll never do. But then again never say never.
18. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I...been drunk. Well, maybe on pain meds after surgery, but that doesn't count in my book.
19. HIGH SCHOOL WAS...not a time that I'd want to go through again. Who'd want to be a moody teenager again?
20. WHEN I'M NERVOUS...I feel that proverbial knot in my stomach.
21. ONE TIME AT A FAMILY GATHERING...what happens in the family stays in the family! That way we'll keep speaking! HA
22. TAKE MY ADVICE ABOUT...don't take it, that way I won't be responsible for the outcome.
23. MAKING MY BED...is so hard since we got a new mattress last year. It is very heavy and I can hardly lift the corners to tuck in the sheets.
24. I'M ALMOST ALWAYS...wanting to lose weight! But look at my addictions and then explain how to lose weight.sigh
25. I'M ADDICTED TO...coke and Mexican food.
26. I WANT SOMEONE TO...plan evening meals and if they're feeling generous I have no problem with them cooking too.
11 comments:
Hello Susan- I followed your comment on mine here, so now I see you... have we ever met? I do know some Good Ole Georgians! take care
Hello Susan, Anita said she saw my link on your sight so thought I would look it up! this is interesting the 26 things..
Hey Susan, most of this I know about you or atleast am not surprised at. I totally agree with #6 but I could not express it nearly as good as you can (never have been able to). I saw Joy G. at special mtg. today.
Hi Susan- me again. You've been a real dear about it all! Thanks!
Yes, I'm nearly sure now that we have likely met sometime- I was not at your folks' often (about 4 times, maybe) but I do know that I met children, grandchildren while there. It's embarrassing who all I've met and then (hmmm- can't call it to mind- is that how you say it?!) Greetings to your mom- and she certainly doesn't need to try to remember me! Theirs was a genteel home- and they were gracious hosts. I remember feeling very much at home right away.
And, I love that pansy picture! I love pansies, period.
I'm working on my answers...stay tuned. ;)
This was fun... a good way to "get to know" fellow bloggers. Size 6? That happened in third grade for me. :) I like your "never in my life" answer. It reminded me of a funny story about my daughter that I'll have to publish on my blog soon.
It is great to get to know you better and to see your laundry out flapping in the breeze! Fresh laundry taken in off the line is a favorite memory of mine from growing up in windy Wyoming. It was a chore I never minded doing. Doesn't work too well now that I live in rainy country. I also have a special feeling about pansies. They are cheerful little faces. Mom always had some growing right by our front door so I associate them with coming home, and with my mom. I understand about the new day on the calendar that is important; recalling the death of a loved one. ((Hugs))
Hi there Susan, I've enjoyed your blog of late ... you are very brave to finish those sentences (in public)! =) Regarding #6, I must say your parents were real pillars to us when we lived in KY. They were the very first folks we met while house-hunting and we immediately felt at home. We loved going to their place at various times through the years but especially in Sept!!! Many fond memories of them both. xo from all of us...
I found your blog from Wendy's and I see that you're in Jeremy & Vaughn's field - Jeremy is my cousin, so next time you see him, you can tell him Aleigh said hi!! :o)
I'm with you on #26. Why is that such a challenge? I love to do special meals and entertaining but get tired of the day to day meals. So we end up having taco salad and spaghetti about once a week. I guess my family doesn't complain...;)
Enjoy your blog! Alison
#6 scares me...really? and here i've been trying to say to myself it should be easier because i've had such a long time to see them getting more and more frail...
i found you via anita's comment page...should be fun getting to know you via blogland!
Post a Comment