MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Month

Our family has many, many birthdays in April and mine is one of them. Yes, I turned 39. Well.... one of those numbers is correct! My day was the 19th and Ken and I spent the day in the N. Ga. mountains. We spent a little time in Dahlonega where gold was mined(and you can still pan for gold). I've included a few pictures on my slide so that I can elicit some homesick groans from Ray S.! We spent several hours at Amicalola Falls, a beautiful spot. This is the tallest falls east of the Miss. River at 729 ft. and is in the Blue Ridge Mtns. For comparison, Niagara Falls is 167 ft. tall, but with a much greater volume of water. Many people start their Appalachian hikes at Amicalola. I didn't hike the Trail but I did hike 1/2 mile uphill(25* grade) to the lowest viewing platform and my surgically repaired foot didn't scream at this point. There are 3 viewing platforms:low,mid and top. At the top I walked down 62 metal rail steps and my foot did scream about that..of course once down you must go back up! But hey, I got some extra pictures! On Sunday evening a birthday dinner was held for my sister(who has a b'day the day after mine)and me, at my daughter's house. All around a great week-end!


the burffday girls!


Amicalola Falls

5 comments:

Life in Midlothian said...

Seeing those boiled peanuts does make me homesick. I love to get those when we go to the mountains.

Lainey said...

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing the view from your part of the world. Happy Birthday too!!

Mommabelle said...

Great pictures. It's a great time of year to be outside.

The J's said...

Such beautiful pictures, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I turned 39 a while back too...my kids told me I'd been 29 for long enough :*>

Karen said...

Yes, it does make me homesick. I was in Atlanta for the weekend, but wasn't able to go visit anyone or place. Bummer.

Thanks for the really beautiful pics. Karen and I do miss Dahlonega a bunch. A really carefree part of our life in a beautiful place.