MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, May 26, 2008

A bit of this and a bit of that

Our Memorial Week-end was busy and family oriented. Friday was spent waiting on the newest member of our family to make her appearance. She acted like a drama queen and didn't appear until might nigh 8PM. She was precious enough to wait on..little Kathryn Wynn (Kate). Kate is my nephew's little girl. Saturday the family (minus Kate and her parents) gathered at the lake house for swimming, boating, games and food. The lake is still 9 ft. low, but we got the boat out of winter storage and were able to get it on the dock's boat lift. Last Oct. I mentioned in my blog entry that I'd finally given in and replaced my lost camera. I really had expected to find it the next day. Well, guess what! When we pulled the boat out of the garage to put it in the water my son-in-law opened the "glove" box and, low and behold, there was THE camera! I have a back-up now. On Sunday evening 15 of our family gathered at little Kate's house for Mexican food and some major baby spoiling. Monday was time for just Ken and I..and clean up! I titled this "a bit of...." because I've covered several topics. One last thing-I've decided to TRY and not eat any sugar. I'm not talking about sugar that is found in dressing, bread or mayo. I'm talking about sweet tea, cookies, that sort of thing. And Coke!! Mercy, how can you avoid Coke when you LOVE it and live in the home town of Coke? Well, I'm on day two and have been successful thus far. This is a public statement which makes me accountable to more people but that's OK. Hold my feet to the fire, folks. Maybe it'll help.

Getting slathered in sun screen

Uncle Charles instructing me in the kitchen

Lazy, hazy days of summer..Joseph

Ken, his bro. Tony and parents playing rook

Lora catching some zzzzz's

Boys love finding worms!

Isabelle

Will-the new big brother

the "dunes" created by the drought are great fun for boys

Joseph decided he wanted on Uncle Kelley's team!

Look Uncle Kelley!

Joseph reminds me of a country song

Kobe forgot his swim wear!

He was "watching" the kids. After I made pictures "something" told me to hang around

Good idea I hung around, it appears!

Yep

Knock-out roses

Kate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's times like this that I feel my miles of separation. We had a good weekend too with kids and grandkids. Glad that you had such a fun time.

All American Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Like Mom said...whish we lived closer!

Mommabelle said...

Great pictures!

Karen said...

Love the pictures! Looks like a fun and relaxing time for all.

Anita said...

Hello- I have a question- is that Uncle Charles the one I know? From up WI way? Or just a look-alike? And is he really an uncle? (so that was more than 1 question...)

Really the pic of that kid with the word 'trouble' across is his bum is just too funny.

Thanks for your comment on my post- I need all the MOM I could get! But it's well on its way to better now. It irritates me that I'm such a wimp, but it gets ahead of me before I know what's happening. A good tranquilizer would have been much appreciated...and a nice nurse that wasn't just a 'partner in crime'. I will say, though, that they got the job done and now we can move on. And, it's not all that uncommon, apparently, for this side of the Atlantic.