From the looks of my recent posts one could assume that I've done nothing for 2 weeks. Actually I've done LOTS of spring cleaning and tomorrow I'm going to kick up my heels for a few days. I'll tell you about it after I have to put my feet back down...and that will be with a resounding thud, as I'm going to keep my g'kids next week for 4 days while their Mommy and Daddy head off to celebrate another anniversary. I have posted some pictures of the vineyards as they start to leaf out and every so often I will post an updated picture in the exact same place(give or take a few inches!)so that you can see how a grapevine matures to harvest. Maybe you've seen the process but I'd only seen vineyards occasionally rather than as a progression before I moved to this town. Besides it gives me a picture to post! Now on to a couple of side notes. My hubby had a BIG frownie face when I told him I'd blogged about his fall in the middle of downtown! So forget that you heard it here :). Also Happy Birthday to Kristen!

I think these are white grapes in front of my house..opps, sorry, that'd be the Chateau! :)

Red grapes

Red grapes
5 comments:
The grapevine progression will be interesting. We have lots of grapes in the south of the country, but I've never paid attention to them like that... so this'll be interesting!
We did feel sorry for the injured party- did you tell him that? :)
Interesting...will there be a wine tasting at the end of your presentation? ;)
Is that your home pictured with the vines? It is beautiful! Did your hubby build it? We have grapes on the sunny side of our state and I always love to drive through, the smell is wonderful! I too will enjoy seeing the progression photos. I already love thier crooked "stumps" or whatever you call them. They have a lot of character.
Lainey
There have been some vineyards started here the past few years, it's interesting to see how they fare in this area. Obviously yours down there are considerably further along!
Oh my goodness Lainey, I hope no one really thinks that the house in the first picture is my house. It is the 42,000 sq. ft. 16th century style Chateau that is supposed to conjure up images of the Loire Valley of France!
Post a Comment