MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


We're hearing about all the flooding the mid-west is getting and even cold/snow in some places in the NW. I feel for those people being flooded. Even feel for those still dealing with cold weather. But folks, did you know that we are BURNING UP in Ga.? It is unseasonal weather we're having... it's been triple digit for a week now. Sat. it was 107! Thank goodness we're not into the humid months yet!! It's supposed to drop into the mid 80's Saturday and none too soon. This extreme heat in June makes the drought even more troubling. Now to a happier subject. I just completed day 16 of no sugar! And day 2 of no caffeine. I'm not sure now long the caffeine business will last. I don't really object to a little caffeine, but don't like coffee or diet coke and I'm not wild about hot tea, so what's left. Oh, and I am off aspartame FOREVER. I'll even go out on a limb that I don't usually climb on and say I'll never intentionally put aspartame in my mouth again. Never.

3 comments:

The J's said...

I'm with you on the aspartame...I'll do the real sugar over that anytime!
Yes, we're having a little too much rain...although if it will let up now we'll be fine. There just doesn't seem to be any balance anywhere!

Alison said...

Sorry your "burning up"! Wish we could send you a little of this moisture. I know in August we will be SO glad that we got the moisture when we don't have Forest Fires to deal with even if it does mean snow in June!

We'll hope for the 80's for you and for us too!

Lainey said...

Good for you! I admire your ability to keep off sugar. My kids call me the frosting queen, and I was even thinking about naming my blog a full cup of sugar. Groan. Not so good I know, you have inspired me along with a few more aches and pains to cut back! Keep it up, you are doing the right thing.