MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, June 30, 2008

It RAINED! TWICE!!

Friday evening it poured! And that ozone smelled SO good. :) And on Sunday it rained again. No, it wasn't nearly enough to raise the water level in the lakes, but the plant life just loved it. Our yard is watered by our well, but the rain from above still does a better job. Sunday evening I made lots of pictures while the living green things were still plump with water. On Saturday we went to the wedding of Jamie S. and Tim D. This was a union of a Ga. peach and a Calif. golden boy(nut/raisin?:))I've enjoyed seeing them every Sun. and watching their relationship mature, but now they will be 30. min away. I'm including a few pix from the wedding for viewers who might know them.


The rainbow at 8:45 Sun evening

My maters. Can't wait to bite into one!

Aren't these peppers yummy looking..think pepper jelly!

This arch of trees is down the street from me and I never get tired of looking at it.

My side yard. Yep I live on a hill..see the sun on the tree tops. My new daug.-in-law planted the flowers for me so that means she's a definite keeper!:)

Every yard needs a birch tree. Their bark texture is a beauty.

My front flower bed

Looking up through the trees at the setting sun. Can you tell that the rain did a lot for me too? I'm feel'in GOOD!

2 comments:

The J's said...

What a beautiful yard you have.
Yes, isn't the rain wonderful! (That is when we NEED it, not those who have too much of it!)
Our 7 yr drought seems to be over, but We were in that place for way too long!
Wedding pictures are always fun to see even if we don't know them. We are busy planning for our oldest daughters wedding the end of Aug!

Karen said...

Susan, I left you a comment on the slideshow website where I saw the pictures in larger size.