Really there hasn't been any earth shattering events taking place around here, but I guess that's not what this blog is about so will give a brief update. We haven't been to the lake house for 3 wks. as Ken has been so busy with work(like that's something different..people who know him know this is just the way it is!). We have had a few nice rains in the past 3 wks. though not enough to make much of a dent in our drought situation. But the lake we're on-Hartwell-decided that repairs to the dam were necessary and they dropped the lake 9 feet!! Our dock has been moved out again. At this rate we'll have to put on hiking boots just to reach the dock..well not quite, but it is a sad situation. On to a happy note now. I picked the first cheyenne peppers from the garden..consisting of 12 plants. The tomatoes are almost ready to be picked. Yippee! Today my daughter and I took Isabelle and Joseph to see the World of Co. Cola. We had such fun in the tasting pavilion that I forgot to take pictures in it but let me ask, have you ever tasted lychee coke, punky peach zappel or vegita-beta? There were over 60 flavors to sample. Some were good and others, well let's just say they didn't float my boat. It was a fun day trip.
An open space in the middle of high rises

Two little visitors

Some really cool bottles

Hello

Our server was a little stiff!

Boy have times changed

The machine in my H.S. cafeteria looked like the one on the right, but I'll confess to remembering some of the other ones too!

Think pepper jelly
2 comments:
Looks like y'all had a great time. I remember tasting all those flavors and some of them are down right nasty!! ;) Cool pictures...and adorable kids.
Stopping by to get my update fix!
Do you have a recipe for elderberry jelly/jam for me? My e-mail's on my profile if you do :*)
Post a Comment