MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!



We know that our country celebrated it's 232nd birthday this week-end and I hope you all had some fun and some good eat'in! Also celebrating a big birthday (but not quite as big a number..at least I don't think it was as big) was a certain Tasmanian couple. So here's a birthday shout-out to Kevin and Lyn. I know that you had a wonderful surprise gift in the form of a far flung son. We missed him here with us, but are happy that he got home for a visit. We took Isabelle and Joseph to the first parade they'd ever attended, and even though it was very small townish they were thrilled. The Atlanta paper showed several celebrations from around the city and burbs(didn't think they considered this even in the burbs) and one of the pix was from the parade we took them to..and they were in the picture! We grilled out on Friday night before heading out to the fireworks. Throw in swimming and it made for a big day and some tired people.

Our patriotic boy

I got IN the truck with a man & boy but got OUT with 2 cowboys


Beautiful Tn. Walking horses




Isabelle has gotten interested in crossword puzzles, but after trying the adult form thought it best to stick to kid puzzles!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

So good to read your blog. Thankyou so much for your birthday wishes, and for sparing our eldest to be with us!!. We got such a shock, and wonderful surprise to see him. Our birthday was absolutely a wonderful occasion, with 104 to celebrate with us!!! With our family all with us, our thoughts were also with those wonderful folk who could not be there, Tamara, Isabel, Joseph; Trent, Ambrose, Xavier, Courtney. Thankyou so much to all those who parted with their nearest and dearest for the occasion.

The J's said...

Beautiful action going on there with the water pictures! :*)
Love the bottom pix too! beauty in the girl & photo both!

All American Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great 4th! Glad some folks did as Jacob and I were/ are both sick!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the Tasmanian pair. What a great surprise for you all to see Brendon. Hope we can see you when you visit over here. Jan C.

Drew's News said...

Hey Susan! Tim & I have a blog now. www.jtdrew08.blogspot.com

We miss meeting with you on Sundays!!