MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day week-end

This was a fun week-end for Ken and me. Friday night we had Mexican food at our favorite Mex. restaurant..we started going to it when it opened about 25 years ago. A rest. in business that long has to be good! Saturday we planted flowers at my Mom's house. She is in Tx. for the week and these bedding plants had been given to her as a Mother's Day gift. We made a trip to Home Depot and came home with plants for our yard. I need to go get some more potting mix in order to finish all my flower pots, but we got the heavy work done. On Sat. evening Ken took me to a wonderful rest. on the city square of the suburb we used to live in. It was graduation week-end so lots of people out and about, plus there had been an art festival on the square. Sun. after mtg. Ken fixed lunch for us and we just chilled for the day. On Monday Tamara, Brendon and the kids got here in time for a lunch of Cajun Chicken sandwiches. We hopped on the golf cart after lunch and zoomed up to Elizabeth's house to pick her up for an impromptu expedition. This expedition took us over several bridges and gave us lots of photo ops. Back home it was time for the girls to have a pedicure (think giggles here). Elizabeth's Mom and Dad and little sis arrived along with Granny and Papaw in time to enjoy a patio supper of smoked pork and BBQ ribs (Brendon's efforts) and homemade ice cream and brownies (Teresa and Earl's efforts). When the kitchen was cleaned up we sat and listened to a cassette tape that my Dad made in the 70's for his first 4 grandkids. He tells stories from WW11! It was the first time I've listened to his voice since his death! Was sweet rather than too emotional, as I'd feared. (Janet, you talk just like Daddy!) We then gathered around the piano and sang lots of patriotic songs (including Take Me Out to the Ballgame, a kid favorite). After dark we had fireworks. Some of them were legal in GA. The others..well, no police showed up! I didn't supply the fireworks I might add. I will put most pictures on a slide show but I must show the one of Alexandria with her first brain freeze.



2 comments:

All American Family said...

Souns like y'all had a great weekend! The pic of Alexandria with brain freez is too cute! About that tape - copies need to be made - some of us grandkids have never heard it!! And would LOVE to I might add. ;)

Mommabelle said...

It was a nice day!