In Lexington we had time to do a little sightseeing and reminiscing. The 14 mile between Lex. and Paris are among the most gorgeous areas in the USA. Again, couldn't take pictures. I went by the house that 3 of us lived in when I was in nursing school at UK. Can you believe they had torn it down and built another house there?!! It was in terrible shape when I lived in it but was still standing 20 years later when I had last gone by. The first time my DH ever kissed me was standing in the doorway of this house (we lived on the side of the house/duplex that had front door to side of porch). I will show you a picture of the house 2 doors down..exactly the same. Must have been row type housing. The house I'm showing is right next to Rupp Arena and anyone that is familiar with basketball will know that Rupp Arena was THE place to be in Ky. This arena is still the practice court for UK. We used to see Coach Rupp all the time..he'd pull up in his big caddy as we'd walk by on the way to class, and give a wave or nod. I thought I'd be young forever..what happened?
We also stopped to see Lillian M. She was born on the farm that my parents (and I) lived on in Ky. She's one of the few people my Mom's age(really she's 6 yrs. younger) and they enjoy reminiscing. It's always good to see her.
My GPS showing hairpin curves

One handed shot of road in National Park

The Smokey Mtns. We were on the road you can see winding through the mountains

Mother and Lillian and me

K. Hawkins, L. McMaine

Identical to house I lived in while in UK nursing school..2 doors down from where we lived. Note edge of Rupp Arena on right.

New house build on lot of our old house.

Lots of time spent here..even took A&P with the med. students here..very hard!

Lunch choice in Paris (Ky)
3 comments:
I'd say there were just a few emotions stired up during this trip. ;)
like the one handed pics! love those mnts...looks like you were meant to go!
What a wonderful journey - thankyou for sharing it. Lovely pic of you 3 ladies.
Post a Comment