MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, June 22, 2009

The beautiful Gulf Coast

Ken and I just enjoyed a wonderful 5 day R&R on the Gulf Coast. Now I love Hawaii and think it must be similar to paradise but I must say that the beaches are not even in the same league as the Gulf Coast beaches. There's a reason that Fl. has bragging rights to some of the officially designated most beautiful beaches in the world! I prefer a private home with a private pool sitting fromt row on the ocean but economy says that's for another year, so we had a condo. It is a brand new condo, as in no one had even stayed in our unit before. It has 5 pools and all of them are on the ocean side except for one. Everybody wanted to swim in the ocean side pools, so basically I had a private pool anyway! Ken has decided that he is going to start taking pictures too, therefore I am included in more. Now that may be a good thing as long as he doesn't learn to download and post them! He thought it was real funny when he took a "rearview" shot of me! I "accidentially" sent it to the recycle bin or else I'd show it to you. Right.

PS: A sad note. I just discovered that I left our alarm clock on the bedside table. I'm not sure how long I've had that clock but I do know that I had it in 1982 when I started working at the hospital in L'ville. The alarm sound would wake a person from a coma. I never remember replacing the battery. Probably paid $4.00 for it. Not sure if I'll ever trust another clock as much as I did that one. I took it so that I could get up to see the sun rise. Sniff...

Beautiful white sand and aqua water




Shortly after this dip in "my" pool Ken was...



taking my cell phone apart to let it dry out Yep, I tucked it in my swimsuit top to walk to the pool and then forgot about it! About 2 min. after I climbed out of the pool my chest started viberating and I (like an idiot) thought "oh dear, what's happening to me?". Then the brain cells kicked in. Now I have a new cell phone! The worst part is losing all of my stored numbers..how will I ever get them all back?


View from our deck




My private pool as seen from our balcony on the 6th floor


Every evening the condo had a dancing waters light show in the lake where my pool was sitting.


Ken and I had dinner one night at a bayside restaurant. These boats weren't owned by anyone suffering from the economic downturn!






A stroll on the beach. I offered to take pictures for a family and they in turn took ours.





Sunset



Sunrise

2 comments:

The J's said...

AH! Awesome! and your cell phone story is a hoot! I have a friend who does the same thing. Unfortunately I know how inconvenient it is to loose all the stored #. I drowned mine in the washing machine.....

Mommabelle said...

Joseph says "cool"!