Our Thanksgiving week started the Sunday before turkey day. We enjoyed a holiday meal served to the families living in the facility that Ken's parents and my Mother live in. I only have this one picture from that day. The people at the far end of table were with another family...they had to spill over to our table.
We had 22 people for dinner on Thursday. Just before giving thanks for the meal we had everyone gather in the living room. This was the perfect (and only) time for a group picture. I'll try to remember this in the future! Lauren's Mom was with us for the day and took the pictures, however I'm sorry that we didn't have the cameras on a tripod and include her in the group!
Our two adult tables. Why didn't I take one of the kids table??
Warning: lots of pictures are included, but as I've said before, this is for US! Our immediate family took pictures before the crowd started arriving, therefore LOTS of pictures! The following pictures are poised.
Ken and Susan
Tamara, Brendon, Isabelle, Joseph
Isabelle
Tony, Becky
Tamara, Isabelle, Joseph
Tamara, Brendon, Isabelle, Joseph
Ken, Susan, Tamara, Isabelle, Joseph
Tamara, Brendon
Kelley, Lora
Now we get to the candid shots
Mother and Lottie. How many more years do we get to enjoy having greatgrandpartents with us?!
Lottie playing the piano
Kelley with his Granny
Lauren, Mark with Lily, Kelley, Lora
Is there a reason that everyone thinks Joseph looks like his Uncle Kelley?
I must really be intending to cut some cake!
Ken getting a lecture from his Dad?
Brendon carving the turkey. The question: how was he holding that bird? Obviously I forgot to rotate this picture!
Let them eat cake! And pie. And fudge. And cookies.
Lora brought this Key Lime cake.
I made Choc Cake with Raspberry Filling and Choc Kahlua Icing. I was disappointed with the filling because I thought it was too tart
.
Tamara made Italian Cream Cake
In the afternoon we headed to the neighborhood park for a little flag football. Several families from nearby come to participate.
Joseph and Will doing a little pregame warmup.
Laruen's Mom, Candy, with Lily.
Kate and Alexandria were linebackers, however by the time the game started these two were on the swing set!
Lauren and Lily.
Elizabeth all tired out!





























7 comments:
the cakes look really good!
love the table centerpiece
1.Yes, very cool that both Great Grandmothers are still with us.
2.I didn't know that Granny can play the piano!
3.I've never thought about Kelly looking much like Uncle Ken, but in that picture of Kelly with Granny, he sure does! His profile.
4.Kelly & Joseph - one looks like a clone of the other almost! And they're both very handsome if I do say so!
5.I need taht kahlua icing recipe if it was good. ;)
6.Key Lime Cake - pretty! Looks like something David would like. Did Lora make it? If so...recipe plese. ;)
7.Very sweet that Candy got to be with all of you - I know this would have been a very hard holiday for her.
8.Those linebackers - I'd be SCARED if I had to play against them. ;)
9.Guess that's all for now - muah!
Looks wonderful...and I'm blown away by those cakes. The key lime one especially--and also would love the recipe!
You got the nice family shots that we should have taken! And those cakes. Wow. I am usually not a cake person, but I think I could be tempted to cut into those!
I have to say too...AMAZING cakes. Looks like you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. Good to see.
dear Thankful Heart,
Looks like a wonder-FULL day there! I especially admire Isabelles dress. Oh, and the cakes and pies look divine.
love,
Classic dresses and decked out desserts
in
NE
i wouldn't know which cake to bite into first , but, i have a feeling i would have found the filling in the chocolate iced cake to be just perfect...love tart! beautiful pictures that probably can't compare with precious memories..but, they'll be treasured nonetheless. glad you had a wonderful time with family...
Post a Comment