MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trauma nursing once again

Most of you know that I've been a nurse all of my adult life and that trauma nursing is what I specialized in. I have always loved this field of nursing but it is a very physically demanding job. You always have to fly by the seat of your pants, so to speak, as you work with many "unknowns". For instance you may know that your pt. has been is a car wreck and is complaining of abdominal pain. But what you may not know is that they had a wreck because their blood sugar levels dropped, or that they have ruptured their liver, or that their descending aorta is leaking, a vertebrae cracked, etc. It's like working a crime scene..put all the pieces together. I've once again gone into trauma nursing, working with neck injuries. I'm only doing private duty cases and so far have had just one patient. For privacy sake I'll call this pt. Mr. C. He broke his neck about 3 months ago. I'm not sure of the exact cause but I think it was from abuse. That is so sad. Anyway, the neck has been immobilized but is so unstable that there has been loss of motor skills about 3 times since the injury, with some episodes lasting several days. I think Mr. C's days are numbered. I am going to take the liberty of showing you a few pictures that I took of Mr. C. I won't worry about liability because I don't think any them will give away his identity. Scroll down to see them.

Down further.

A little further.









Yes, his days are numbered. He's been replaced! He will be my emergency stand-by if he's able. My new "pt." is smaller and weighs less..that's a good thing.

5 comments:

Mommabelle said...

All right! New Computer!

All American Family said...

At first I though you were serious and I was thinking "what! she didn't tell me about that the last time we talked", then I though, "boy, she's got some nerve posting pictures". I should have known!! Congratulations on the new "patient". Hopefully you'll be a little more kind to this one!

Anonymous said...

Great way to lead us on... congrats on your "job successes." Have you signed any non-abuse clauses for the new guy?

Darcie said...

LOL all the up north. You had me completley fooled. I was just glad this story had a happy ending. Enjoy the new Mr. C.

Drew's News said...

You are too funny. :) Congrats on your new computer!! :) Enjoy.