
Sunday afternoon I walk into the kitchen and, like the good girl I am, got some healthy grapes to eat. Turning from the frig and looking out the patio door I notice a bright green spot on the floor by the door. And the spot MOVES! Yes, I screamed. You know I did. After fumbling for the broom I jumped in the chair (didn't want to risk being eaten alive) and with some friendly persuasion this friendly dinosaur was fairly easy to be encouraged out the door. Heart starts beating again. I finished my grapes, but twice while walking in the kitchen something moved and that scream echo comes from somewhere! Both times I'd kicked a grape that must have fallen off the stem during my daring encounter with the dinosaur. So I say forget it..go for the ice cream. Picked up my ice cream to walk out of kitchen and what do I see? Another dino in the living room!! What is going on? This is not such a cooperative dino. Last I saw him he was in my fireplace. Where's the husband when there is an emergency, I ask? I may never be able to go to the bathroom during the night again!! And who let these Brachiosaurus in the house?
3 comments:
awww...you're scared of those tiny things?? Just ask David, I would NEVER react in such a manner. ;) At least your dh wasn't home so he has an excuse, unlike my dh who just put a glass jar over a SNAKE in the kitchen the proceeded to go to work for the day! Glad you didn't get eaten alive - you had me scared there for a minute.
What kind of lizard are these? they're kinda cute from a distance...
These are green anole. Called a chameleon but aren't true chameleons as they don't change color as much as the real ones do. They go from bright green to dark green to tan then brown.
Post a Comment