MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flower pots

Someone asked me to share pictures of my outdoor flower containers...you know you asked Ethel. I tried a few new flowers for my containers but know that some of the plants won't last all winter. Only pansies will survive our winters and only then if we don't have a bad winter by Ga. standards. We can have snow or ice, but not an ice storm that lasts for several day. I think the snapdragons will last til the end of Nov. The peppers and cabbage should last til Jan. As I did with my summer flowers I'll take another picture when the containers start to "pop".


One of the pots on my veranda


Another veranda pot


The whole kit and kaboodle. Carpet grass isn't dying, it is just starting to turn "beige" for the winter.


By side door..too bad I took pic before cleaning off pot rim!


By my front door...OK, by my sis's front door. But hers will be dead in one month and then she has to start over, so there! Purty though, ain't it?


And other side of her door

2 comments:

Ethel said...

thanks!! everything looks great there. i need to borrow your green crayon to color my thumb!

Lani said...

These are amazing. My potted flowers are quite straggly looking by the middle of summer. Poor things.