Hospital here. Today we made the 1 hour drive to Cleveland Ga
to visit the hospital and adopt a baby. Isabelle has been
mothering that baby all day and is just so in love with her.
She named her Kathryn Bell (my mother's name). The following is a
"pictionary" of our day.
I couldn't find the hospital so I asked for help from a sheriff,
as he was getting in his car. He gave directions and then said
he was going right by the place so he'd escort us (you gotta love
small town poh-lice!).


We're there at last!

A successful "hospital" I'd say!

Looking in one of the nursery windows.

We witnessed 2 deliveries. We were all told to take a deep breath
and help the Mother Cabbage deliver. The "bunnybees" that had
fertilized the cabbages were buzzing overhead. The Mother was
given a shot of imagicillin, an easyotomy was performed (never
have to do Cabbage-sections), and when the Mother was 10 leaves
dilated the baby crowned and then was born!
Crowning.

Just delivered and after a few gentle taps on her bottom she was
wrapped in blanket and held up for the little girl who had adopted
her to see.

Babies taken to newborn nursery to be weighed, measured and
checked out.

Isabelle finally spotted the perfect baby for her to adopt. She
wanted a girl with blue eyes and light brown hair.

Kathryn Bell!

This picture is out of order but shows the 2nd delivery we witnessed,
as the doctor was putting imagicillin in the IV (bottle hanging from
tree. Note the bunnybees buzzing over head)

Signing the adoption papers

A picture under the tree where Kathryn Bell was born.

Proud new parent and grand parent!

We had to use the changing table when we washed our hands in the
restroom..we didn't have a stroller!

By 1:30 we were STARVING and stopped at this great little place
that Teresa recommended. It was wonderful. Isabelle wanted a BLT
and, southern girl that she is, some sweet ice tea.

This was the best southwestern chicken wrap I've ever eaten. Sweet
tea of course, dah'lin!

Isabelle and Mimi at Turnstile Deli


The new baby needed to be fed a bottle and put to bed as soon
as we got home!
7 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I'll never forget taking our kids to Babyland General. Maybe we will get to take Lia someday.
that's pretty sweet that she got named for great-grandma! And she even has stuffed animals in her crib!
oh - I know Isabelle was in "baby heaven"! What a special time for you two! I remember going when I was little - maybe one day we can take Lia. I'm not sure who has more fun - the kid or the parents! ;)
that would be fun to do with Kylie!
the food looks yummy!
Cabbage Patch Dolls! I wanted one so bad growing up. What a wonderful day you had with Isabelle! She's luck to have a Grandma like you.
i had to do a double take..hey, those are dolls!! i'm with Lani..always wanted a Cabbage Patch..never had one! Looks like a really great time with your granddaughter who is adorable!!
Thank you for sharing the pictures of Babyland General. We're thinking of taking Jocelyn there for her birthday. We haven't visited the new location yet. Glad you & Isabelle had a great day.
Post a Comment