MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Joseph's Day

During the holiday break I am spending one day with each
grandkid, going to the the place of their choice. Joseph
wanted to go back to the Environmental and Heritage
Museum in our county. This is a "green" museum, with sod
and plant life on the roof. It is very hands on for
children. Joseph wanted his cousin, Will, to go on the
outing. Will's Mom was looking after Jacob for a couple
of days, so we had 3 boys and Mimi. I think I stayed
"in charge" of the expedition pretty well.

Will, Jacob and Joseph. It was a cold, windy day so we
didn't do any trails.



One of the audio stations.



Hands on in the water demo room



Joseph said "this is too close for my comfort". These are horseshoe
crabs.





The gang at another audio station.




Joseph choose Steak and Shake as the lunch venue.




Hamburger, fries and butterfinger shake doesn't meet Mom's
usual organic, sugar, gluten and dairy free meal plan.
This was a special meal!!



I had a good old root beer float!


The last stop of the day was to get a Webkins. He was sooo
excited about this and really agonized over which one to get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Southern Lady,
I love that you are giving them each a day. I want a day! :)
Love,
What about me in NE

Anita said...

I love it that a boy his age would choose that museum!
I s'pose you have to be a blood relative and less than 18 to qualify for that 'day'... just guessing here...

Lani said...

How fun. That ice cream looks wonderful!!! Love the idea of you having one on one time with each of your grandkids.