MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Closets and Climate

Climate and closets seem to make strange bedfellows, but both have been occupying my time lately. I'll show the last (?) of my snow pictures and then move on to closets.


That sun peeking around the left corner is going to take all this snow away by evening. We'll be left with water to freeze overnight.



This potted bush is very unhappy with snow laying on it's branches. I hope it will survive the insult.



My steep front driveway is not safe for walking or driving, as there is ice under that snow. If we could get a running start we could use it, but a 90 degree turn-in doesn't allow for much speed. The back driveway is less steep and we will use it until the weather lets the water dry from the surfaces.



My little yellow pansies peeking out.



My other yellow ♥ flower in the snow! ☺



I have been on a major clean out mode and the closets have benefited greatly. And I'm talking about all kinds of closets. I finished with the last one this morning..you know I'm stuck in the house..


The utility pantry has two (2!) empty shelves since it was cleaned out!



Guest closet #1. I think I'll move that metal basket so it is completely empty. I had lots of stuff in this closet, as I had dumped many things from the lake house in here.



Guest closet #2. All of those chairs had been in there plus the kiddie items that are in picture below. It was packed. Now if I can only get someone (are you reading this Ken? noooo) to put the chairs in their new abode, where ever that may be.



The stuff in garage that came from guest closet #2 and utility closet. Goodwill is getting it.



Guest Closet #3. It was the easiest to clean out. It was only half filled.



My pantry. I took everything out and organized it. I can't blindly put my hands on things yet, as I did move a few things around. I wonder if I'll need to make room for a box of valentine candy? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

The J's said...

wow, wow, wow!!! I need some of your enthusiasm/ability/WHATEVER it is!

Ethel said...

me too!!! love your background by the way. yes, when you're done with your closets make your little way up heee aaaa. i did do a pretty good job with my girl's room/ closet lately...thanks for the inspiration!!

All American Family said...

And when you're done with mj could you come to TX?? I could REALLY use you!! Love the new blog background!