MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Somewhat of a springy week-end

Saturday morning the weather looked sunny and beautiful. Isabelle and Joseph had a full day planned as we had discussed going on an "expedition" and they had the last games of their basketball season in the morning. Mom and Dad were the only ones going to this last game. Ken was meeting a customer and I was "saving energy"! Can't go out the door without reading the

...funnies!


the 6 & 7 yr. old basketball game has, on occasion, resembled puppies playing! Joseph has really improved this year!


The 8 & 9 year olds had their game plan on.


After lunch Isabelle finished her first ever knitting project! This is a book marker she made and you can see her learning curve! She is so proud of it!! The solid blue marker is the one she has just started. It's perfect!


Because an expedition had been planned..well of course it was expected! The redbud trees looked like spring.


The pansies were perky.



The daffodils were nodding their pretty little heads.


But brrr! The kids on the golf cart weren't feeling to springy and I was flat out freezing without a blanket or gloves! Cousins Elizabeth and Will were along for the excursion.


Half way through the excursion we had a hail storm. We were really close to a porte' cochere, so took cover for the 3-4 minutes the storm lasted. The kids loved getting to stand in the hail!


Sunday dinner was roast. That means you gotta have creamed potatoes, carrots, gravy, and biscuits, doesn't it? Oh! I took this picture when I was browning the roast, before it went in oven...no, we don't eat it rare!


Someone gave me tea from China. We experimented with it. When a tea pod (is that what they're called?) is dropped in boiling water it opens up to a flower. I wish I could read what kind of tea it is. Anyone read Chinese?


Oh yeah, brownies help the choc. cravings. One pan gluten free, the other caramel brownies.



Papa tries to read a chapter of Tom Sawyer every night to I and J. Joseph is really into it..Isabelle not so much.


These events, in and of them self, may seem mundane. Ten years from now we'll look back and be so glad that they were recorded. I know, because my kids have been going through our picture albums and it warms the heart! (and shocks and embarrasses!)

5 comments:

Anita said...

Love the
-redbuds
-pansies
-daffodils
-reading to the kids!
-roast!

gkey said...

Dear SpringMimi,
this is so SweetSweetSweet!
Just Life at its best.
love,
StillWaitingForSpring (in Nebraska)

All American Family said...

Looks like a great weekend to me!

The J's said...

An echo of the comments above!

Ethel said...

mm very pretty pictures..your blog is lively and beautiful...i can just taste that tea..love flowering teas!!! thanks for the peek into your days!