MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Friday, March 26, 2010

We're living...just please excuse the cough!

We've been MIA for several days, but thanks to a Z-Pak we're back again! Last week we started work in the yard. On Thursday the 2 main flower beds got de-winterized and all springyfied. Thursday night the cough began, but what else might one expect in allergy season? Soooo, Saturday we (we being me) ignored the respiratory symptoms and washed all the windows around the veranda, then washed the cushions on the outdoor chairs and the veranda tiles, then spiffied-up the flower pots. It all looked so good! And Brendon, our SIL, was putting out fresh pine straw(as in 75 bales). This ole gal's respiratory system said "whoa baby, enough already!" Sunday I had to miss our special mtg because I was so sick. Monday morning I had to cancel my special company because I was dying! And then I dragged this feeble mass of flesh to the emergency clinic and got a get-er-dun drug. I hate to take antibiotics..except when I really need them, and I really needed them. Now if I could just get my company back!!

A visit to the park on Thur evening, before the misery visited me.



Isabelle and Joseph helping wash their car while enjoying the warm Saturday.




Veranda all cleaned and ready to enjoy



Front flower bed cleaned out and surrounded with fresh pine straw.



Lily stayed with me yesterday. She never got lonely!



Lily's sister was here for about an hour. She played dress up (and she LOVES shoes). In the back she was a little tomboy...



..while in the front she was a princess!

5 comments:

The J's said...

Wow, it looks beautiful! So sorry you had to miss Sunday, AND your company too! What a bum deal!!

gkey said...

To the Southern Springy-fied One,
That was a work out!
And then to be too down and out to enjoy it, and the 'specials' too.
love,
Sorry for you in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Wow... you've been through it. Hope you're feeling better! That Lily is a sweetie and Lily's big sister looks like a whirlwind of fun. Little ones are so invigorating to have around.

Your background is wonderful... love the blue birds and buds.

Pam said...

So sad to have to miss Specials!! Hope you are feeling better.

Shelley said...

Hope you are feeling much better by now. Hard to believe it is already warm enough for swimsuits!