MIMISUSAN
Born a Kentucky babe,
became a Georgia peach,
a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy,
but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle.
Sugah, I shooah hope y'all
enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts!
Membah now, cum back to see meh!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Week 51 of 52
Another great meme brought to us by Carin at Forever In Blue Jeans. Every Thursday post of picture of you with a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself.
I'm getting this picture in before the last one is due. Of course that last pix will be late too! The other day I went to Target. I might go to this store 3 times a year, even though I like it. As I was browsing in the toy section, lost in my own little world looking for a particular item, I heard a voice say "Susie?" Now I must tell you that almost no one calls me by that name. My husband called me that for the first 10 years or so of our marriage,meaning that everyone he met before I did also used that name for me. I really don't prefer to be called this...now back to the story. I turned my head toward the person saying "Susie" and could not believe who I was seeing. My former neighbor, Libby, that I hadn't seen in 26 years!! She'd sent me a Christmas card just a few days before and I had been astounded at how she had aged (though looking very much like herself- should I tell you that when I asked how she recognized me she said "I almost didn't". That last part was TMI :-)). We'd always talked a few times a year and kept up with each other, but she lives 6 hours south of me now and...We stood in the aisle and talked as fast as we could, however her DIL was needing to leave. This is a very poor quality picture that she took with her pocket camera, but I can't complain since I took one with my cell phone then forgot to save it! Libby is an absolute sweetheart. Our back yards backed up together when our kids were 1 and 3 until we moved when they were 9 and11. Actually, I guess the yards still back up to each other! I didn't find the gift I was looking for but I found a better one by bumping into her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
dear Together in Tots and Toys,
Good for you to 'get the picture'. Those are the fun times, and I am always so thrilled to see someone I havent seen in a long time when out and about. We lived in different states when we had our first 3 children so It would really be a shock to randomly see someone we knew well from AK,AZ or NV here! I can think of several it would be very fun to see again tho.
love,
Faces from Long-ago days
in
NE
How fun to run into an old (former) ;) neighbor!
And for anyone else reading this...when she says "I really don't prefer to be called this" that's her nice way of saying "do NOT call me Susie!". (I lived with her for a while - I know what she's thinking even when she's saying something else!) ;) And, yeah, I still love her!
Post a Comment