MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15: Tax, Tag and that's my Title!

Several times I've mentioned the drought that we have suffered through here in Ga. With all the wonderful rains we've had this spring we are now officially out of the drought. However the water restrictions are still in place. The epicenter of the drought was in the area where we have our lake house and a few times I've showed you pictures of the lake area. Well....yesterday we rolled our dock back in to within 10 feet of where it should be! It looks like a real boat dock now rather than some stranded structure (say that fast 3X!). We are on a deep water cove, so many people aren't able to use their docks yet. I took pictures, then put my camera away before the dock was all the way in. Too lazy to drag the camera out again :( . I'm posting the link to a story about the lake in case you missed it several months ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28327288/


6 wks. ago water was only 1/2 under dock


gangplank was rolled up to edge of large rocks, 10 ft. short of steps


Out with the old


In with the new

1 comment:

All American Family said...

4 more days, "sister sue", 4 more days!! ;)