MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Celebrating Isabelle's birthday

Isabelle is our first grandchild. What a depth of love she brought into our lives! I thought I'd learned the depth of love when our first baby was born, but little did I know about grandchildren back then! Yesterday she spent her one on one time with me (and Papa a little) and we had so much fun! We decided to make cake-pops...not as easy as they look! And they tasted awful!! Crumble up a perfectly good cake and then put a tub of icing in it..talk about sweet! Whew! One lesson we learned is that the balls need to be small, otherwise the weight will just make them slide down the stick. Also learned that fondant is much easier to look pretty when it's laid flat, as on a cupcake, vs. when you try to shape it around a ball!. Moral: just coat the balls with melted bark. We did have fun and next time we'll make some cool looking, good tasting, calorie laden goodies, I'm sure. We had lunch with Papa at, where else but Wendy's. Actually Isabelle picked the place this time. Then off to get a manicure and pedicure! Yeah, girlie stuff going on! Last stop was picking out Nintendo DS cartridges for a birthday gift. Fun, fun day!! Here is Isabelle starring in her own movie.


*Note: This is a day late because slide show and I had our first falling out..I lost. Don't know what happened, but I never could get past "post now". Today we are back on friendly terms it seems. Isabelle's birthday was on Friday the 10th. On her second birthday her Mommy brought home her 2 day old brother.

Isabelle,2 and Joseph, newborn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both so beautiful. (and growing up too fast for you, I'm sure.) Does I. look a bit like her mimi?? Fun that their birthdays are so close. My siblings and I (4 of us) were all almost exactly two years apart.

The J's said...

These are beautiful pictures, a beautiful girl!!
Looks/sounds like your day was a success!