You know the saying "when it rains it pours". It did just that this past week. Literally, it rained everyday last week except on Saturday. On Friday at noon I picked up the grands for a sleep-over. And as luck would have it, our realtor called Fri morning to say she was bringing someone to look at the house at 9:30 Sat. morning. I spent all morning getting the parts of the house that little people wouldn't be in all spruced up. But remember, I had promised to make cake pops with them. Sooo... Their Mommy had told me that they must eat good because they'd eaten bad the weekend before. Not fair to punish a grandmother for the previous caretakers bad food!! But it worked to my advantage this time. Instead of making cake balls to decorate, we used Styrofoam balls! This was a lot less messy. Non edible too! Hmm..maybe a good diet trick for me. ;) However, this week I'm going to have an all day outing with each of the kids so that we can do whatever they want for their birthdays. And if they want to decorate cupcakes, well that's just what we'll do. I so happened to buy cake mix today! After meeting the kid's parents on Saturday morning I then worked the model home all day, as we are still doing our sale on the furnishings/accessories(and replacing them as fast as we sell them with stuff from the design center). Maybe 2 more wks. and it'll be over? Anyway, union mtg. on Sun. and then back to the model home for 4 hours. Oh yeah, just a side note. Learned that the people who looked at our house have been looking for 3 years! I guess they are looking for the perfect place, whatever that might be. So I've mentally written them off the potential list.
Resting on the curb during a neighborhood excursion

Joseph's 1 turn at climbing the redbud tree

Isabelle's turn in the redbud

The "fixings" for the cakepops

Isabelle decorating her tri-colored ball

Joseph finishing his bug-eyed man

Finished products. The whiskers & eyes on the rabbit are made from chewing gum. Since we used Styrofoam balls I had to cut slits in the balls to push the gum into. I cut them too far to the sides, so I think it might look more like a cat!
1 comment:
very cute!!
Post a Comment