MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm a survivor

Okay, I faced the big six O and am still standing! It was a great week-end of celebrating with friends and family. Mind you I still don't like the SOUND of that number but I'm glad to be around! On Saturday evening Ken and I went out to eat at a wonderful little place full of ambiance. We had dinner with a couple named Art and Emily. Emily's birthday is also on the 19th, but not the same year as mine. Out of respect for my elders, I'll leave it up to her to say what year she was born. If she says 1959 she's a liar! But who'd ever lie about their age? Anyway...
On Sunday evening our daughter hosted a wonderful birthday party at her house. The family was invited plus a few old-time friends. No tacky black over the hill stuff for me, no sirree, until my SIL messed up a beautiful birthday cake by putting 60 on it! Pictures..well don't forget that this is MY blog, so I'm posting lots of pictures for me to remember the day. You lurkers can just move on!

A beautiful day to celebrate. Taken a couple of blocks from Aqua Terra restaurant


Art, Emily, Susan, Ken


What I woke to Sun. morning


Tamara, Ken, me


Isabelle and me


Steve, me, Mother, Tamara, Joseph, Isabelle


Me and my beautiful 91 yr. old Mother


Brendon, the master griller


Birthday cake..you can correct most "mistakes"!


Carrot cake plus choc. peanut butter pie. Yum.


Like I said, YUMMY


A gift, a hanging tomato plant


More gifts


Sven, Ken, Steve, Art


Lora and Sven


Kelley and Timothy


Art, Sven, Majken, Emily (Ken)


Tim, Ken, Kelley, Mark


The ladies


Best seat in the house

8 comments:

Joyce said...

What??? No cane? You are doing well (for your age, that is) Cheers :-))

The J's said...

So glad you survived! It looks like a very lovely party!
I love the picture with your 4 generations of lovely girls. You are all blessed with a young look. I would not guess your mother is 91!

Traci K said...

Happy (belated) birthday!! I wouldn't guess your Mom is 91 either!

cheyest said...

Happy belated Birthday, Susan. I celebrated my birthday the 10th with eight extra years so guess that's why you felt we were "old" back in IN during your teen years.

Lani said...

You look great, Susan! Happy Birthday. I'm so glad to see you got spoiled. ;)

Anita said...

glad to hear you had a good day! :)

Anonymous said...

60 is but a number girl!! As Isabelle said when I rang her & asked how does it feel to be 9 her answer. "Not a whole lot different to 8!" We will celebrate in a couple of months!

Ethel said...

looks very celebratory! congratulations!!