MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trip #2 on Memory Lane

Our piano ♫ teacher had formal recitals every year, and it was a
thrill to have Mother make a new formal dress for us! I must have been 8
yrs. old




Sister, Becky, married Ken's brother. This is made of just the Hawkins
side of family after the wedding. My Dad's mother, Dixie, is on the left.
Tamara was born 6 weeks later.



This picture made 1 yr and 9 months after the one above (wedding). I'm
6 mos. pg with our 2nd child and Becky is holding Timothy, 6 mos. old.




We were in Tx to visit Ken's brother Tony, who was in the army, and my
sister Janet, who was working/living in Temple, Tx. Picture taken in
Austin at the capitol. I don't dress the same now when I play
tourist!! ☺ I was 6 wks. PG with our firstborn, and having major battle
with morning sickness!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments about "playing" in the fancy dresses... incredible, eh? That's how I played, too, and I'm a couple of years younger than you. I kind of like how things have changed in that respect. :)

Great old photos!

All American Family said...

You look like a Southern Belle in that top picture! Pic #2 - my gracious, look at the length of the dresses...they're all exactly alike! Pic #3 - I've never though you and Mom look much alike, but in this picture you sure do! #4 - what an honor and privilege to get to stand on the capitol steps of the Great State of Texas!! ;)

The J's said...

woowhee! I'm loving your pictures! What year did your sister get married? I was laughing a the exact length of all the dresses too!

Mimi/Susan said...

1970, Maxine. Quit counting, you already know how old I am! (39)

Anonymous said...

These pictures really do pull on the heartstrings. And bring back memories that I haven't thought about in a long time, like formal recitals. How fun and nervewracking they were! Life really is fleeting fast.

Anita said...

enjoyed the old pix... even if I don't know the people!

The J's said...

Haha! I ignore your age even if I do know it, just like I do my own!!
The 70's sure had a distinct look, didn't they!