MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day week-end

Mothers Day was sweet and simple, so I'll keep this post short and simple. Ken's mother was in the hospital, but released mid afternoon. He spent the morning with her. On Sunday evening we gathered at my sister's house and had some of the best BBQ and fixins I've ever eaten. Since we all know that BBQ reigns supreme in the South, that is saying a lot to call it the best. I've never had baked beans that were so scrumptious! Did I say SHORT and simple?. OK, moving right along.

Flowers/card from my man!



Tamara and Isabelle with me. Where was Joseph?



Me with my 2 young'ns.



Mother with 3 of her 4.



Sister Becky with 3 of her 5. That is the same as 5 of 5 for a picture, since Teresa is a triplet!



Kids eating their BBQ on a blanket.



Kids off on a cart ride.



Kelley teaching the next generation how to juggle. Lots of talent in this family!
:-)

4 comments:

All American Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great day. Who made that scrumptious bbq?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I do miss these family gatherings. I did get to see my kids and grandkid though, and we went to see James' Mom on Sun. Jan

gkey said...

To A Mother, both Lovely and Bright,
Happy (belated) Mothers day!

love,
Learning that life is less about expectations & perfection and more about appreciation
in
NE

Anita said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day! Just now reading blogs for about the first time this week so am way behind!