MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

They're teenagers now!

Our daughter and her DH celebrated their 13th anniversary today, so that makes them teenagers in married life! Congratulations, Tamara and Brendon! The best part of this union? Those two babies, Isabelle and Joseph.


What a beautiful bride!




The Groom. He was easy on the eyes, too.




Ken, Susan, Tamara, Brendon, Kelley




Off to a new life! We are so glad that they live in the US. Brendon was waving good-bye to his parents in this picture. He didn't expect to see them again before they flew back to Tasmania. Luck (and a friend) was on their side, and B. got his visa less than 2 weeks into their wedding trip. They were able to leave Switzerland and return here 1 day before the parents left! I could hardly stand this moment in the wedding day, just thinking how I'd have felt if the shoe had been on the other foot!

6 comments:

The J's said...

Fun to see these, thanks for sharing!
Got a chuckle out of the "teenagers now"--never thought of it that way, but I like it!

Ethel said...

congrats to them! beautiful!! and i love your dress, too!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a tad sad at the time, but it was a beautiful wedding, he married into a beautiful family & its greta to come visit from time to time!!!And yes the kids a beautiful too!!

gkey said...

dear Lucky Mom to the lucky thirteen-ers,
"Bee-you-tea-full" All.
I love seeing photos of brides, grooms, parents, on wedding days. The one with them waving from the car is especially sweet. Makes me think back to our daughters' wedding, already 6 1/2 years ago.
love,
remembering moments in time
in
NE

Lani said...

Beautiful girl. And she looks like her Momma. Loved these pictures, Susan. I too am kinda partial to that last picture of them waving out the car window. And a very classic, timeless wedding, too... the dresses and suits are wonderful.

Anita said...

I've always thought it must be very hard for families that are spread out, not around the country but around the world.

My little bro got married May 97, too! ;)