
Another great meme brought to us by Carin at Forever In
Blue Jeans. Every Thursday post of picture of you with
a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself. If you are
thinking this challenge is too hard, then this is exactly
the challenge you need. Do you have thousands of pictures
and you are in none of them? How is that good to your
children or loved ones? It’s time you got in the picture,
you’ll be glad you did!
Mother's Day is just around the corner. This seems an appropiate week to post a picture of me with my mother-in-law. She had major surgery last Sunday and is recovering beautifully. This picture was made last night. My niece, Teresa, was on duty on the very unit that my MIL is recovering in.
When Teresa was in nursing school I helped her get a job at the hospital I worked in. One day I called her over to my section to watch a cardioversion. The cardiologist did his little educational spill with her and then said she could push the button on the machine that would shock the pt. The pt. had been briefly sedated and we needed to cardiovert while he was still "under". Teresa FROZE! After she was told the second time to push the button, she managed to reach out and accomplish it! I must agree that it is a scary feeling to do something like that, when you've never witnessed it being done before.
5 comments:
Just doing some catch up on my blog buddies!! Can't take time to comment on all of them, but sure enjoyed your pictures!
Hope you have a wonderful Mothers day! Happy weekend.
Interesting story about your niece. I would have gone into human medicine if I could handle the sight of human blood... ;)
Hope your MIL is doing better all the time!
Happy Mother's Day!
Your nursing story made me think of you during your nursing days when Lydia was born. You were one of the first to see her as you were on duty that day and came to the room. I remember too making calls to let people know, but I was so in cloud 10 I told Debbie I had to call Susie and let her know; then I realized you were there holding the baby :).
Hope L. is doing well.
Happy Mother's Day, dear tea party friend
dear MothersDayMoment,
Hope you had a very nice day yest.
I need to get a picture made with my sweet MIL, before it is too late. One week ago she was put into an assisted living place(alzheimers unit)
thanks for the encouragement!
love,
Remembering
My MIL: she gave me someone very special 30+years ago
in
NE
Post a Comment