MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog catch-up July to Oct!

 JULY

Mother in entrance of her current residence. This is a senior independent/assisted living community. In the background you can see a man and woman sitting. These are my in-laws who happened to be in the lobby on one of our move-in days! A photo op moment!

ThisTamara's 40th birthday party...that's unreal !






Tamara and Isabelle



Brendon preparing the b'day meal


The b'day girl with her cake and kids


AUGUST



Isabelle, 1st day of school



Joseph, 1st day of school. His Mom was calling "hurry!", so this is the best pix I took.

SEPTEMBER



Mother, Becky, me in entrance hall of our old homeplace.


new dining shed at M'ville




My Mother and mother-in-law at Demorest



B and H Trotter, some old friends of ours. Bob is the person who taught us how to keep bees.

Ken's birthday. I was missing a key ingredient for his birthday pie, so the beloved coconut macaroons were the fallback!



Ken finally got his pie. His candles are a clue to his age. He must have robbed the cradle when he married! :-)

Isabelle and Joseph on the spider jump at the fall festival

festival food...fried green tomatoes!


Mother's 93'd birthday.


I made her a birthday pie also. She wanted a picture of it here with her roses, and Daddy's picture.

After Bible study at her place we enjoyed some birthday pie


OCTOBER

Isabelle in the park


Joseph in the park


Ken


and Susan


took off together


and went to the beautiful...


Gulf coast!


The first time I've seen an octopus on the beach. It was right beside us! A lady saw an old bike basket rolling up on the beach, and then it started moving around without the waves hitting it. When she picked it up the octopus tried to get out!! Her g'daug was there with a net, so they captured it for awhile.

On our way home we stopped at a very popular restaurant...we've been there many times. This sign was on the door. They told us that the current governor of their state is up for re-election and he had come in to meet & greet during their busiest time of day, thus totally tied up the floor. Hence the sign! Now customers are met with 3 "thou shalt nots" on the door..cute!


Darlene and I went to see our dear old friend Garland. At 96 1/2 he is failing, but still so full of life1


Mr Castleberry


I took a picture of one page in Garlands scrapebook. This shows his and Mae's H.S. senior picture. He dearly loved her. She's been gone for almost 3 years


Garland again. It's just too good of a piccture to not include


and again




5 comments:

The J's said...

I enjoyed your "catch-up". I'm due for one of those...badly!!

Neisha said...

the coast looked beautiful!

Karen said...

Enjoyed your pics, Susan! Nice you got to see Garland...and then I did, too! :)

Anonymous said...

You have been one busy lady! I knew that, it's just fun to see the pics of it! :) Can a jellyfish live out of water???

Anita said...

The food looks delish- all of it!
Your mom is looking good!
The spider jump looks fun!
Glad you had your beach get-away!