
Another great meme brought to us by Carin at Forever In Blue Jeans. Every Thursday post of picture of you with a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself.
Yesterday (10-21-10) D. Spath and I went to see our dear precious friend, G. Castleberry. Garland is 96 1/2 and has the spunk of a much younger man! He was been slipping a lot, health wise, and is losing weight. Hospice seems to be taking an extremely conservative approach with him by insisting that he not walk, or get out and about. Darlene and I, being of the "live while you're living" mindset, got Garland up in his scooter and outside he went! He loved the fresh air and drove that little scooter all over the grounds! After 20 minutes he was willing to head back to his room. This coming Saturday his youngest daughter is taking him on an outing to a near by town. Garland still uses his computer...that is the means of communication between him and his middle daughter Carol/Carla who ministers in Italy. Carol has gone to Aust and NZ for conv. so we got to see some of the pictures and messages sent from that far away place!


I took a picture of this page in Garlands scrapbook. This shows Mae and Garland in their senior pictures! How they loved each other!!
4 comments:
Very sweeet...as soon as I saw a picture of Garland I just smiled.
Looking good there Miss Susan! An interesting post, and looks like a beautiful day for an outing too!
dear Sharing Life,
Great post. What a cool thing to do for an old friend!
love,
How it brightens everyones day
p.s.
i like your skirt too!
Yeah- I liked your skirt, too!
And- when it's my parents- I hope there are some people like you around who can stop in and spend some time with them...
Post a Comment