
We spent the week-end at the lake with our daug. and her family. It's probably more accurate to say with our g'kids and their parents!:). I have a few pictures from the lake. I also have a picture of my favorite scarecrows in the little town a few miles from here that has been trying to break the Guinness Book of Records for most s'crows. I heard today that they broke the record by having 4700! Only 1550 people live there. I want to give an update on muscadines. The day after I posted my little blip about them the large paper in Atlanta featured muscadines in their food section. It said that the bronze ones(that I showed) were called scuppernongs, but the black ones are only called muscadines. Low and behold, I saw them in the grocery store the next day and that is a first, even in the area they are native to. I guess they really are the "new health food". The paper also mentioned the taste and referred to it as tasting like Welsh grape juice. That is a better description than mine. You eat them by splitting(biting) open the skin, which is thick, and then sucking or scooping out the fruit. Toss the skins. There, you have it! Tomorrow I leave for Ky. to be at conv. on my old homeplace. Can't wait to get there, but must say I feel a little apprehensive about seeing changes. So goes life!

Mechanic scarecrows

Last lazy, carefree days of summer. Do you see any lake mud?

Joseph loved going fast!

On the otherhand, this little turtle only raised her head...

..when the boat went real slow!
1 comment:
I got the M'vill speaking list the other day! By the time you see this, it'll likely all be over. Would be lovely to be there again. Did your mom go, too?
Post a Comment